How to Create an Account
How do I create an account on WoodsourceBC?
Joining WoodSourceBC allows you to fully participate in the benefits offered. It's your typical registration - it's free and fairly simple to complete. Once you have confirmed your registration, you will be able to create listings for items for sale and items you want to buy, as well as search the listings and members directory for new business opportunities. The more information you include in your profile the more chances you have of matching someone's search. The required fields are highlighted in pale green and are here to make sure that all users have the basic information they need.
If you run multiple businesses, you can create a separate account for each one.
To create an account:
- Click on the Sign up button on the top right corner of the website, or on the right hand side of the home page.
- Fill in the Contact Information entry boxes.
The following page opens:
Note: Boxes in the pale green colour are required information. You can leave the other boxes blank if you choose, but the more information you offer, the more chances you have of matching someone's search.
- Enter your email address in the proper syntax, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your phone number in the proper syntax, i.e. 604-123-4567
- The Account ID must be between 8 and 12 letters long, with no blank spaces and no numbers or punctuation. The ID is case-insensitive, which means the capitalization doesn’t matter
- Your password must be at least 8 characters long with at least one upper case letter and at least one lower case letter and at least one number in it. Avoid passwords such as ‘password’, ‘secret’ with a single number added, or those that use your name, business name, or a family member’s name.
Complete the Business Specialty section:
- In the What you Do*: (Required) list, select all of the check boxes that describe your business.
- In the Describe your Business entry box, you can enter a detailed description of your business.
- In the Please check off the areas your business specializes in. (Optional) list, you can select all the check boxes that apply to your business. If there are areas of specialty that are not on this list, you can select the Other check box, and then enter a name for the specialty in the Please specify box beside it.
Complete the Natural Resource District section:
- In the Is your business located in BC? line, click on the Yes or No button to answer this question. If you answer No, then proceed to the next section. If you answer yes, a list of all the natural resource districts in BC (and the corresponding map) will open.
- Select the Natural Resource Districts in which you do business. (You can either click on a region of the map, or check the corresponding check box to the left. Either way, your selected region will appear on the map.)
Complete the Species section:
- From the list of check boxes in this section, Select all the species you buy or sell.
Note: If there are species you work with that are not on this list, you can select the Other check box, and then enter a name for the species in the Please specify box below.
Complete the Products and Services section:
- View all of the check boxes in this section and select all the products and/or services you buy or sell.
Complete the Account Preferences section:
- If you are willing to break up your orders among multiple buyers or sellers, click on the I am willing to transact sales with multiple buyers/sellers check box.
Tip: When WoodSourceBC searches for “for sale” listings that match your “wanted” listings, or for “wanted” listings that match your “for sale” listings, you can require that it look for listings which have the full amount you require, so that you can complete your purchase/sale in a single transaction. Please indicate your preference. Checking this box will give you more notifications of matches.
Complete the Advertising and Sponsorship section:
- If you are interested in Advertising on this site or sponsoring this site, please check the corresponding check boxes.
Tip: Contact WoodSourceBC to advertise on this site. All ads will be one common size and design. They will be placed on either the Home, Search, or Search Results page. Placement requests will be accepted but not guaranteed. Once you have been approved as an advertiser, you can upload your ad information and images directly to the website and edit them at any time.
Our annual sponsors are integral in keeping WoodSourceBC.com a FREE service to our members. This website has become an important marketing tool for over 150 active users. As an annual sponsor you will receive: Twelve months of ad space on the page of your choice (Home, Search, or Search Results); Your company profile on the Our Partners page; The option to send one dedicated email out to our database of over 300 contacts once per year (this date must be set at least two months in advance); and Your company profile featured in our monthly newsletter to over 300 contacts. We want to ensure you see a return on your investment, so we have limited the number of annual sponsorships to three. All sponsors must sign up for a minimum of one year.
Complete the Subscriptions section:
- If you would like to receive the monthly newletter from WoodSourceBC.com and/or a weely summary of all new listings, check the corresponding check boxes.
Complete the Create Account section:
- In the Enter the text shown in the image below text box, enter the text you see shown in the image immediately below. If you cannot decipher the text, please click on the (I can't decipher this image. Please show me another.) link, and the image will change.
Note: This check box must be checked to proceed with the creation of the account.
Completing the creation of the account:
- When you have entered all the information on this page, click the Sign Me Up button at the bottom of the page.
Your account will then be processed, and you will will get a message in the WoodSourceBC window saying that your account has been created, and you need to login to your email to complete the verification process.
- Login to your email account.
You will find an email from WoodSourceBC.com (check the spam or junk folder if you don't see it right away). The email will list your Account ID and password, and have a link to verify your account.
- Click on the verification link.
This will open up a Sign In window of the WoodSourceBC.com website.
- Sign in with your Account ID and Password to confirm that your account has been created.