The links on this page provide general information about the forest industry.
“The efforts of the B.C. government are focused on creating and maintaining a competitive business environment, which attracts new investment, and retains current investments. Of particular importance are the conditions necessary to support a strong and attractive business environment, the programs to encourage private sector investment and the initiatives to support economic growth.” – FCBC Opportunities
Setting Up Your Business
- BizPal – An online tool that, based on your business activity generates a personalized list of permits and licences required from three levels of government - local, provincial and federal - to start up your business.
- BC Bid – Suppliers can access, create, browse and compete on public sector opportunities anytime.
- BC OnLine – Your e-service delivery channel to information products and services for Legal, Business, Government and Professional customers.
- Business Start-up Checklist – Information on requirements and guidelines affecting most businesses.
- Canada Business Service Centre Network – Federal website for entrepreneurs.
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office – Information on legal recognition for intellectual property.
- Community Futures British Columbia – If you need help starting your own business, writing a business plan, financing your business or accessing government programs or services, Community Futures can help you find the information you need to make important decisions.
- Consumer Protection BC – A not-for-profit organization focused on consumer protection services and regulating business practices for specific industries.
- Corporate Registry – The Corporate Registry provides the legal framework within which all businesses, not-for-profit societies, cooperative associations and financial institutions operate in British Columbia and files documents for the incorporation, registration, maintenance and dissolution of these entities.
- Income Taxes for Small Business – Information on British Columbia tax programs.
- Industry Canada – Programs include developing industry and technology capability, fostering scientific research, setting telecommunications policy, promoting investment and trade, promoting tourism and small business development, and setting rules and services that support the effective operation of the marketplace.
- Industry Training Authority – The Industry Training Authority (ITA) oversees B.C.'s industry training and apprenticeship system, providing a skilled workforce for industry and career development opportunities for British Columbians.
- Information for B.C. Employers – Guide to Employment Standards, Education Seminars, and Self-help information.
- Name Requests Online – Submit a business or corporate name for approval by B.C. Registry staff.
- OneStop Business Registration – The OneStop Business Registry provides information on starting and registering your business, incorporating your company and changing your business address.
- Planning Your Business – Online assistance in preparing a 3-year business plan for new or existing businesses.
- Resource Centre for Small Business – Resources available to help you grow your small business.
- RuralBC – Starting and running a business in B.C.
- Small Business BC – Resource centre for business information and services.
- B.C. Log Exports – This website describes the province’s log export policies and procedures, and includes links to application forms, Bi-Weekly Advertising Lists, notices, key contacts and federal log export information.
- Buy British Columbia – B.C. manufacturers and service providers are innovative, competitive and responsive to the market.
- Buyer’s Guide to British Columbia Wood Products. – A one-stop source of information about British Columbia’s wood industry – with information on everything from the diversity of the province’s forests and their sustainable management to the sophisticated grading system that guarantees uniform standards for all Canadian wood products.
- Easysurf – Lumber measure conversion tool.
- Forestry Innovation Investment (FII) – FII promotes B.C.’s forest practices and products around the world.
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada – Locate needed information on government programs or services, Canada's foreign and trade policies, and involvement in international organizations.
- Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations – Province of British Columbia – Locate needed information on government programs, services, policies and forms.
- HectaresBC – Offers scientists, researchers, government and others to access and work with geographic information without the need for GIS skills to carry out planning, assessment, reporting and decision making functions.
- iMapBC – Use this tool to view over 500 map datasets hosted by the BC Geographic Warehouse. You can view the data in an interactive mapping environment; put together map layers of interest; upload your own map data; and produce maps that can be printed or emailed to others.
- Natural Resources Canada – Locate needed information on government programs, services, research and policies on Canada’s natural resources.
- Rural BC – Rural communities and regions are fundamental to the social and economic well-being of British Columbia. Possessing abundant and varied natural assets, rural areas have made long-term and significant contributions to the provincial economy. RuralBC is a link between government and rural B.C. communities, ensuring they each have the tools to achieve their unique vision for the future.
- Work BC – Work BC offers employment resources such as job search, career exploration, education and training resources, and workplace statistics and resources.